The Future of Textile Technologies, Innovation and New Product Development. Innovation will drive these sessions. Attendees will hear briefs from (academic and industry) entrepreneurs on how innovation will drive and rekindle domestic textiles through advanced fiber, fabric technology, smart yarns, sensors, and topicals. Learn how advanced textiles will translate to higher physical performance and increased survivability for our warfighters.
Dialogue, Workforce, Inflation, Supply Chain and Other Market Forces Impacting Acquisition and Delivery of Clothing, Textiles and Tactical Equipment to the Military. This session will focus on having a transparent dialogue how industry and DOD can together embrace best practices to replenish and sustain our fighting forces. This can best be accomplished by understanding each other’s challenges.
Military Service Dialogue with Industry will discuss current and programmed future requirements, acquisition processes and current and future acquisitions, and will dialogue with industry about production capacity and challenges for products within various commodity categories, as outlined below. Speakers and industry may also dialogue about priorities, production challenges and opportunities to integrate advanced technologies into products within these commodity sectors.
- US Army & PEO Soldier
- US Marine Corps & US Coast Guard
- US Air Force & US Space Force
- US Navy
DLA Commodity Focus. DLA will discuss programmed future requirements, acquisition processes and current and future acquisitions, and will dialogue with industry about production capacity and challenges for products within various commodity categories, as outlined below. Speakers and industry may also dialogue about priorities, production challenges and opportunities to integrate advanced technologies into products within these commodity sectors.
- Dress Clothing. Dress uniforms: coats, trousers, slacks, skirts and poly/wool uniform fabric; Outerwear: all weather coats, Navy jumpers, coveralls, dress jackets and dress headwear; Shirts: dress shirts and blouses; Ecclesiastical supplies; Heraldics; and Mattresses and bedding
- Combat Clothing & Accessories. Camouflage uniforms, headwear and uniform treatments; physical training uniforms; and Accessories: belts, buckles, bags, liners, neckwear, undergarments and towels
- Individual Equipment, Safety, Tentage, Shelters and Environmental Clothing. Individual equipment: hard and soft body armor, load bearing equipment and individual equipment items; Safety items: ballistic, flight and vehicle crewman helmets, helmet components and flight safety gear; Tentage: tents, shelters, tarpaulins and components
- Special Purpose (including Flight and Shipboard) Clothing and Footwear. Cold weather: clothing systems, ensembles, parkas, field coats, trousers, liners and headwear; Wet weather: parkas, jackets and poncho liners; Special: aircrew, fuel protective, firefighting, flight deck, anti-flash hoods and neck gaiters; Coveralls: combat vehicle crewmen, utility, fueling, mechanics and disposable; Chemical protective items; Handwear; Materials; Tapes, webbings and fasteners; Footwear: combat, safety and extreme cold weather boots, dress shoes